- Download App. Fill in the information required and sign in. Make sure email addresses are correct.
- If you do not wish to be connected to your parent in any way you need not insert their email addresses. You could ‘buddy’ up with your best pal to help remove any temptations when in ‘Study Mode’.
You have 2 ways to record your study sessions.
You can use system to automatically record your sessions or you can manually enter the data as soon as you finish studying a subject. This takes only seconds to complete.
Here is how to use the system to record your sessions.
- To Start Study. Press ‘Study Now’ button.
- In the next page press choose subject to be studied from drop down menu. If using Apple product press ‘Done’ button to confirm choice.
- Then choose ‘Session Time’. Again press ‘Done’ button if using Apple device.
- Now press the ‘Start Study’ button. You are now in study mode. If you are using any Android devise you can switch power off. If you are on an ‘Apple’ phone you must leave phone running. Place phone on your desk.
One of the big advantages to you of using the system this way is that it removes phone distractions. You do not have access to social media etc when you are in ‘Study Mode’. However you still have access to online resources through the browser on the system. To use browser press the arrow at the top of the ‘Study Now’ page to return to the ‘Home Page’.
- You will see a button for browser. Press on it to get access to internet.
- You must not exit system in any way or session will be automatically ended.
- The followings actions will turn system off
- Placing the system in the background.
- Pressing ‘Home’ button on phone to access any other function or app on your device.
- Pulling down notification bar.
- The notification for low power.
Do not worry when you accidentally exit system. Just restart session again. Your old session that you ‘crashed’ out of will be recorded in your totals and a default score of 6 will be used to calculate you ‘actual’ study totals and your overall percentages.
When you want to change subjects you must rate your study. On android press on ‘None Selected’. Pick a score that accurately reflects how you feel you studied. Be totally honest with yourself. This information is not shared with anyone. If you did a fantastic session give yourself a 10. This means if you have just studied for 30 minutes then 30 minutes will allocated to your totals. If you score the session a 5 then 15 minutes will be added to your score. On Apple phones you will see the different possible scores on a scroll. Choose the score you choose and then you must press ‘Done’ Then press ‘Stop Study’.
At the end of study session do exactly the same as for changing subjects. Rate your study and exit system.
You can check out the ‘Dashboard’ button to see your daily/weekly/monthly study totals.
If system is not working correctly for you please uninstall the app and reinstall again. In extreme situations this may need to be done more than once.
Manual study entry
- You proceed as with setting up study session as before.
- You press ‘Study Now’ button.
- In the next page press choose subject you have just completed studying from drop down menu. If using Apple product press ‘Done’ button to confirm choice.
- Then choose ‘Session Time’. In this case you are choosing the amount of time you have completed studying that subject.
- Now slide button over where it says ‘Manual Study’
- A pop up will now prompt you to insert your rating. Then you record your session by pressing on the ‘Start Study’ button.
- If you continue to use this technology you will increase your study output and therefore improve your results. It is scientifically proven that if you measure your performance you will improve.
- Use this system and you will get more work completed. Alternatively you can get the same amount of work that you are getting done now in less time!! Who wouldn’t want that!